Friday, September 10, 2010

My Lie (April 10, 2007)

My only lie is the silence I hide behind.
I have some things to say to you...

YOU CAN DIG THE DAGGERS INTO MY BACK-
BUT BEWARE-
I DIG THEM OUT MYSELF.

I remember every word you say
And they kill me every time I replay them in my mind.

I know no one cares, but I hope you
Remember that when I finally leave.

I gave up a long time ago-
But you still believed in the fight
So I show you what you want to see.

I'll pop diet pills until they kill me-
I do truly want to look like a Holocaust survivor.

If you do love me-I'd never believe it.
I can't accept it from you
When no one else has been able to care.

I can only blame myself for the hardships in my life-
But I can't forgive myself.

I wish I had the strength to kill myself-
Alas, I'm scared to death to die-
Even though I can't stand to be alive.

I have NO plans for my life.
I say things that sound nice
So you will believe in me-
Cuz I can't.

I feign confidence so people will think
That I am immune to their insults-
But I take each one to heart.

I have NEVER thought about planning a wedding,
But I know EXACTLY how my funeral should go.

I have never been in a fist fight-
But I want to beat the shit out of someone
Just to feel their bones crush
Under the sheer power of my rage.

I feel the need to demolish a room full of glass and mirrors.





OK, that is all I feel like typing...and now you know all the secrets from 2007 stand point...What are some things you hide because you feel you will be judged? Let's get the conversation rolling...

2 comments:

  1. Wow, did you write that? That's really good and deep. I think my fault is that I hide very little. I wear my heart on my sleeve and never learn not to. I think I've ended about half of the relationships I've been in but the other half haven't left me callused....yet. I'm interested in the rest of that poem, sounded like it was getting deep. I can definitely relate to the remembering of every word that was said and they kill me everytime I replay them in my mind....sometimes I wish I didn't remember so much...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did write this...It goes on for awhile...and I omitted some things that are better left unsaid...LOL. There will be a lot more...I was starting to think no one was reading...

    ReplyDelete